Monday, January 18, 2010

Life is a walk in the park.

A nice lunch with my buddy Matthew Drumright youngest son Nicholas and our new puppy Lyla. Then a walk around the park to feed the ducks and my soul. When I first started shooting I lived less than a mile from the park. I was here all the time taking photos with a borrowed camera. It took me back and made me ask myself. What would I be doing now if I didn't discover photography? I have no idea, because I cannot see myself doing anything else but photography now that I'm here. The trick now is to separate myself from what I love to do. Can this be done? I am what I think!? What do I think about most? God the most, but I am not God, I am Michael Gomez and photography is what I do to pay the bills and for fun. I am a husband to my wife, a father to my child, a dog to my dog, a friend to my friend and strange to a stranger. Who is normal anyway?What is normal? We are all really strangers to each other unless we are mind readers. Who am I to God? Who is God to me? I have been lucky enough to ask this question to myself now and not seek the answer from someone else. Most of my life I have been told who I am or should be and who God is or should be to me. I had my doubts about it all. To many details to digest without experience to go along with it. That's like cookies without milk. A filet mignon without red wine or peas without carrots. How do I cram for a pop quiz that life has for me? Well believe it or not I found my answer! You can find your own. You just have to ask the right question(s). So I am something different to different people but I can be a photographer to all of them. To a client, my wife, child, dog, friend, stranger, myself, and even God. I love photography and with the same bond I can be the same to to everyone around me. LOVE. You thought I was going to say photography. I'll take their photo, you bet, but LOVE is my answer
to the big picture I want to share with the world.


Michael Gomez
www.gomezphotography.com
-- Post From My iPhone

Location:Centennial Park Nashville

No comments:

Post a Comment